Today we read Night of the Moonjellies. I don't know why but this book seemed to be a little over the kids heads. We looked at the New England states for geography and for science we looked at this book
Creatures That Glow. We sat back to back to feel our vertebrae , and we squished jello to feel what a moon jelly might feel like. For art, we colored an ocean scene with oil pastels. Then we had fun playing store (or Mar-Gra's) with monopoly money. We also read this book
Surrounded by Sea: Life on a New England Fishing Island.
Here is Superman's re-creation of the ocean scene from the book. He decided to add a sun though. He likes bright and cheery, I guess.

Batman decided to try his hands at oil pastels as well when we got home.
2 comments:
Your co-op sounds and looks like so much fun! How did you get hooked up with them? And who plans the lessons?
Hi Wendy. Co-op has been really good. It's our first year so we're all learning as we go. Different moms teach different classes. And I'm teaching the FIAR class.
How are you guys doing? Hope you're doing well. I'm taking a "fast" from reading blogs and such so I'm missing out on your corner of the world.
Post a Comment