Friday, September 12, 2008

FIAR Week #1 - Petunia

This was our first week at FIAR co-op and we rowed Petunia.
We have 17 kids in the class and though they're mostly kindergardeners and first graders, they seemed really young. We read Petunia and the books below. As well, we did coloring sheets for the USA flag and for the continent of North America. We also did math using this from Homeschool Share. And cut out a cute barn as well. We talked about teeth and I showed them the experiment for eggs in vinegar (the acid eats away at the shell made of calcium).
I realized I have to simplify and plan for longer time for the activities. All in all, it was a good first class.

Let's Read & Find Out Science : How Many Teeth





Dr. DeSoto

A mouse dentist that treats and outwits a fox.

No comments: