Well, it' only the middle of October (almost a full quarter of school for some) but I've finally got a schedule down on paper for us. I've written up an outline for our days, a checklist for B, and checklist for me. Now, we don't get to nearly half of what's on paper, but it's ideally what I'd like to be able to accomplish. At least if I have it on paper, it helps me to somewhat structure our day and fall into a routine (which btw, we desperately need). I want to provide lots of time for "masterly inactivity" as Charlotte Mason would put it, but too much time with no structure plus three little boys equals too much fighting and bickering.
The first part of our day is for the basic three r's (although even that, we don't get to all of it with the toddler and all). The second part is for the more fun stuff like history and science. We're not getting past the three r's yet but I'm not stressing (at least trying not to) since B is only in the second grade. Sometimes I wonder though if all the history & science planning and researching is necessary. Is it what's really good for my boys or is it me giving into my inner pressures and trying to satisfy my desires. I mean really, they would love to just go to the park, or go climb trees, or do some digging. I guess I have to strike a balance.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment