
We learned about the Eiffel Tower and the Great Wall of China.
And a new series that I discovered is great. They're books by Miroslav Sasek.

We'll be using this one when we row Papa Piccolo. Other ones in the series include This is Paris, This is London, This is Israel, among others.
And The Usborne Internet-Linked Introduction to Asia has beautiful pictures that give you a good feel for what the countries are like.

Here's another interesting one. It's called Anno's Spain. It's a wordless picture book, with two page spreads, covering different historical periods, different regions, etc.... It's quite beautiful and interesting. If you look carefully, there's a lot of interesting details. We'll have to check this one out again to take a closer look.
1 comment:
I'm just starting out too. I was going to post a comment on an old entry of yours that came up in my search. But, I just thought I'd post it here. It's about a cool book I found for devotions with my kids (5, 3 and 6 mos.) The title is Prayer: Learning how to talk to God by Jeanette Groth. It is a really neat book that I would highly recommend if you are looking for a biblical book to help you teach your children about prayer =) my blog is www.lovetopaint.blogspot.com I hope you have a great homeschooling year!
Post a Comment