Well, this week has been all about a slow re-entry. Slow. B started copywork and math, and that's about it as far as academics goes (aside from free reading). Tried to spend some time with S reading and writing letters. This week was more about trying to find our rhythm and routine. How do I spend time with each child and get the others to be productively occupied during that time? Tonight I thought about starting the day reading to D after breakfast and chores. B can spend that time reading the bible then moving onto some independent work. S can have independent room play. Next, I will move onto spending time with S while B plays with D. And finally, I will spend time with B while S and D play together and maybe watch an educational show. (How confusing was that?) Would that work I wonder? After that we'll break for snack and reading then move onto table time all together.
This week I got easily frustrated and upset at my own inabilities. Of course, I took it out on the kids. Next week is a new week though. I just have to remind myself to relax and to take things slowly. The most important thing for me is to spend time loving them and enjoying them. This is what they need most right now. I've got to learn to laugh and play with them. So, note to self for next week: laugh and play and dance!
S worked on building a fort with the pegs and wanted me to post a picture. So here it is.


And our sunflower finally bloomed!
2 comments:
I needed to read your post tonight. What a good reminder for me as we prepare to begin our new school year tomorrow.
Yes, Father, RELEASE US and ANOINT US to love, hug, kiss and dance with our little ones! Keep our eyes fixed on things ABOVE and not on earthly things. GRACE GRACE GRACE!
love you!
p.s. Tell S that I love his cool fort! Way to go S!=)
Post a Comment