Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reading List 2009

I have so many reading lists: Sonlight, Veritas Press, Ambleside,... among others. I don't want the boys to miss out on all the good books. So I have all these lists strewn about my desk and somewhere in my mind. But sometimes, too much of a good thing leads to nothing, which has been the case in our household (well, we have a toddler as well, and reading out loud is.... well, you know what I mean). So, instead of trying to go through one list at a time, or trying to compile my own complete list, I've decided to pick books from here and there that would interest B (or whatever we have on hand). And I'm going to attempt to list them here for future reference. So, here goes. I will add to the list as we read through the books.

2009 Reading List (B - 2nd grade)


Read-A-Louds (Read-a-louds for both B and S)

Little House in the Big Woods
Little House on the Prairie (current)



Assigned Reading


The Mouse and the Motorcycle
Ben and Me
Wind in the Willows


Free Reading (He reads so much, but I'm going to list here only the ones that I want him to read, the ones that I put in his basket.)

Secret Agents Four
Balto and The Great Race
Third Grade Detectives #2 (The Puzzle of the Pretty Pink Hankerchief)
The Bears on Hemlock Mountain
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle
Mr. Popper's Penguins
Baby Island
The Trumpet of the Swan
Owls in the Family
Barry the Bravest Saint Bernard
Tall Tails: Wingin' It with the Wright Brothers
The Big Balloon Race
Dolphin Adventure, A True Story

Capyboppy
Stuart Little

No comments: