"If you will return, O Israel,
return to me," declares the Lord.
"if you put your detestable idols out of
my sight and no longer go astray,
and if in a truthful, just and righteous way
you swear, 'As surely as the Lord lives,'
then the nations will be blessed by him
and in him they will glory."
This is what the Lord says to the men of Judah
and to Jerusalem:
"Break up your unplowed ground
and do not sow among thorns.
Circumcise yourselves to the Lord,
circumcise your hearts,
you men of Judah and people of
Jerusalem"
Jer.4:1-4a
return to me," declares the Lord.
"if you put your detestable idols out of
my sight and no longer go astray,
and if in a truthful, just and righteous way
you swear, 'As surely as the Lord lives,'
then the nations will be blessed by him
and in him they will glory."
This is what the Lord says to the men of Judah
and to Jerusalem:
"Break up your unplowed ground
and do not sow among thorns.
Circumcise yourselves to the Lord,
circumcise your hearts,
you men of Judah and people of
Jerusalem"
Jer.4:1-4a
Wow! My very own blog! Isn't this something. Who would have ever thought! Surely not me.
Sunny daze at home.... this will be a journal of sorts, a place where I can process my homeschooling journey. I don't feel very comfortable yet with the thought of putting myself out there for whomever to read. But I won't focus on that. It will be a place to write my thoughts and where those dear and near (like my hubby) can come and glean. So..
Returning. I am returning. Today is the first day of a 40 day media fast. I'm doing a media fast to degunk myself from the endless blog searches as of late. But more importantly, to seek the Lord. I am in a dire place and I need the Lord. What I've become, who I've become, how I've become... and how I am affecting my boys and the atmosphere of our home... I need help. I need to change. So I am repenting; I am returning to the Lord.
In this time, I am not coming to the Lord with a list of requests. Rather, I'm coming to seek the Father's heart and His thoughts on various topics. And it is a time where I'm hoping to be circumcised. Circumcised of anger, impatience, lack of self control, and bad habits like not using my time productively. Oh Father, I am returning. And I believe and trust that this is of You, and that You will meet me. Share your thoughts and heart with me. I want to know what You think about all these things (church, homeschool, family,...). I want to be filled with your thoughts and be guided by Your heart and vision. And change me Father, clothe me anew with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. And grant me wisdom to know how to train the boys, how to bring them up gentleness and love.
I was reading Colossians today and chapter 3 is entitled "Rules for Holy Living". The apostle Paul talks about the heart being circumcised through Christ, therefore, putting to death earthly things and setting you hearts on things above.
"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature:
sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. v5
But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these:
anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. v8
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with
compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. v12
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.
Forgive as the Lord forgave you. v13
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. v14
sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. v5
But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these:
anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. v8
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with
compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. v12
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.
Forgive as the Lord forgave you. v13
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. v14
Father, I am returning and repenting. Circumcise my heart. Change me and have Your way with me. Meet me Father, and share Your thoughts and heart with me.
Even though I am journaling, it's different than writing with pen and paper, and for my eyes only. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to and adjust to. I'll have to discover my voice for this new medium.
3 comments:
Hi baby. Wow, how great is this? I'm so happy and proud of you.
Hi, Ellie! I can't believe you started a blog!?
Oh...thanks so much for sharing your heart and desiring to seek the Lord. I will be praying for you, and pray that He will give you immeasurably more than you could ask for and imagine. He is so kind. He is so gracious to us, in all seasons and walks of life, and how His heart must delight for the returning of His children.
Repentance is a way of life for those of us who recognize that we are the chief of sinners. But oh how wide and how high and how deep is the Father's love for us. He does not treat us as our sins deserve, and longs to shower His mercy and grace upon us.
I hope to hear more of your journey, my dear old friend. Miss you!
Ellie,
Thanks for sharing your heart!
How I wished you had published this last year! This post is so encouraging and good for the soul. I am right there with you--heart surgeries for both of us, Lord, as many as it takes! The passage on Col. is one that I go to almost daily.
Post a Comment